Monday, December 21, 2009

About A Happy Tummy

As I was taking the kids to Grandparent's house Wednesday evening, Vovie piped up from the backseat..."Mommy, my tummy feels happy!" What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, it sort of feels bubbly on the inside. It gets that way every time I go places that I really want to go!" Do you know what I mean? Has your tummy ever felt that way?"

I'm pretty sure at that precise moment, I had a glistening in the corner of my eye. My six year old daughter was articulating her feelings in her six year old perfect way... and it made perfect sense! I knew exactly what she was talking about and I told her so!

What she doesn't know is that she was giving me one of those "tummy happy" moments right then! It was a moment between mother and daughter that I have "hidden in my heart" to bring out and cherish when the time comes for her to "put away childish things." May that time be slow in coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment